Posted: May 25, 2011 Filed under: CuriousMoth, Drummer Boy, Emily Peacock, ipod, Kate Morton, Matroyshkas, mayonnaise, Rob Ryan, tapestry, The House At Riverton, These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things
1. Reading… one of my all time favourite past times. I’ve just finished The House At Riverton & it was fantastic. I got so drawn in by the characters & it was one of those books that you really just can’t put down because you need to know what happens.. compulsive!
2. Mayonnaise. I am a total mayo junkie… on my chips, on salad, on jacket potatoes, even roast potatoes!
3. The tapestry work of Emily Peacock. The cushion above is a joint design with Rob Ryan, papercut artist extraordinaire & is available as a kit for you to make… I want!
4. My ipod. Yes it’s hot pink…. Drummer Boy got me it for christmas & it’s an absolute lifesaver on long journeys!
5. Matroyshkas… I don’t know why. I did have quite a collection but I seem to have lost a few on the way.. payday soon so I might have to go & snoop round the shops! I just love the simplicity & elegance of their design I guess. I tried drawing a couple last night but easier said than done.. I’m going to doodle the Scandinavian flower designs that go with quite a bit over the next few days to practise & then have another go.
I actually got a pair of earrings made yesterday, green crystal chips (aventurine?) & gold-coloured wire, they look really nice. I need to get a new battery for my camera & then I’ll be able to share some pics with you! What are your favourite things??
See previous Favourite Things post here x
Posted: May 24, 2011 Filed under: crafting, Emily Peacock, Frankie, illustrations, inspirations, magazines, mobile phone disposal, Mollie Makes, recycling, Rob Ryan, tattoos
So I’ll be honest, I have been stuck in a huge non-creating rut, for quite a long time now. I’m excited about college in September & I’ve got a few days off and have a list of a few small crafty mends to get done for a couple of friends & my mum but have not really been feeling up to due to ta lack of inspiration. Even browsing my favourite blogs has failed to boost me….
But this morning everything changed
! I have bought & perused issue one of Mollie Makes
& I am so excited! It’s such a beautiful
magazine, the photography is gorgeous, it features Rob Ryan, Emily Peacock & one of my absolute favourite bloggers
& crafters, Dottie Angel
. There are a few crafty how-to’s in there, complete with stencils & a free gift… I used to love buying Frankie
but haven’t been able to get my mitts on it in some time so I’m soooo glad I spotted Mollie Makes! Somehow having beautiful images actually on paper in front of me is more inspirational for me than the online blogs that I look through…
Due to general excitedness & actually a need to do something I’m off but I’ll leave you with these visions of loveliness…
(All images from weheartit – tagged ‘illustration’)
PS. I have about 6 old mobile phones kicking around, all of which are pretty ancient & not even worth sending to those money-for-your-mobile companies… anyone have any suggestions what could be done with them?? Or do you know of any charities that take them for recycling purposes?