Posted: September 2, 2011
The Cheats Almost-Carbonara
You will need:
(or similar soft cheese)
(or diced bacon)
(Traditionally carbonara isn’t served with many vegetables but I added spring onion, asparagus, yellow pepper & mushrooms)
1. Boil the pasta according to packet instructions, drain & put to one side.
2. Dice pancetta or bacon if necessary.
3. Dice whatever vegetables you have chosen.
4. Put a dash of vegetable oil into a frying pan & put on a low heat.
5. Add the pancetta & vegetables to the pan, stirring occasionally.
6. After approximately five minutes add roughly 2 spoons of philadelphia, stirring to coat eveything.
7. Add the pasta to the pan, ensuring this is also coated. If not, add a little more philly, stirring through gently.
8. Season with pepper to taste & stir for a couple of minutes before removing from the heat.
9. Serve & grate with parmesan.