These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things #3
Posted: May 25, 2011 Filed under: CuriousMoth, Drummer Boy, Emily Peacock, ipod, Kate Morton, Matroyshkas, mayonnaise, Rob Ryan, tapestry, The House At Riverton, These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things
1. Reading… one of my all time favourite past times. I’ve just finished The House At Riverton & it was fantastic. I got so drawn in by the characters & it was one of those books that you really just can’t put down because you need to know what happens.. compulsive!
2. Mayonnaise. I am a total mayo junkie… on my chips, on salad, on jacket potatoes, even roast potatoes!
3. The tapestry work of Emily Peacock. The cushion above is a joint design with Rob Ryan, papercut artist extraordinaire & is available as a kit for you to make… I want!
4. My ipod. Yes it’s hot pink…. Drummer Boy got me it for christmas & it’s an absolute lifesaver on long journeys!
5. Matroyshkas… I don’t know why. I did have quite a collection but I seem to have lost a few on the way.. payday soon so I might have to go & snoop round the shops! I just love the simplicity & elegance of their design I guess. I tried drawing a couple last night but easier said than done.. I’m going to doodle the Scandinavian flower designs that go with quite a bit over the next few days to practise & then have another go.
I actually got a pair of earrings made yesterday, green crystal chips (aventurine?) & gold-coloured wire, they look really nice. I need to get a new battery for my camera & then I’ll be able to share some pics with you! What are your favourite things??
See previous Favourite Things post here x