Posted: February 28, 2010 Filed under: Anarkitty, Blythe, Jasmine Becket-Griffith, Kat Macleod, Natasha Law, owls, Postcards from Dreamland, Sunday Sweetness
Today I need a little bit of Sunday Sweetness…. It was grey, cold & rainy when I set off to work, disaster struck when the gas turned off at work & then I got home to discover that I have lost 3 hours worth of work that I did Friday night… GGgggggggrrrrr!!!! It’s all OK though because I only have 2 days left before I’m on holiday & now I’m home in the warm with Mr J who is cooking roast Lamb 🙂
No. 1 is another piece by the very talented Anarkitty
(can you tell I’m a huge fan?!) I just adore her big eyed, brightly coloured, pierced girls who all have fabulous hair! They are so beautifully done & captivating.
2. Love this picture… Mr J thinks she looks like an elf! I saved this from a blog post I read recently
but I confess to not remembering which one ( i read over 70 blogs!) so if it was yours I’m sorry… drop me a comment & I’ll link up! here
!!!! Thank you Lulu!
3. Button bouquet. I found this one day when googling ‘bouquets’ on Google Images. It’s gorgeous! I’d quite like to have a go at making one myself one day. Does anybody recognise the work? I’d love to know who made it.
4. Blythe dollhouse… how cute?! Another one I have saved on the pc so not sure where I found it. Whoever the lucky owner is they also have a Jasmine Becket-Griffith
print on the wall & I love her work too. I’m not sure what it is about big-eyed art but it has definitely stolen my heart.
5. Gorgeous Michi Girl page. Michi Girl is the work of an Aussie collaberation but the artwork is by Kat
McLeod who I am a huge fan of! I love that she uses fabric to make the dresses for her artwork. I did a collage last summer inspired by her work & it turned out really well. I’m planning on doing some more this year when my work schedule settles down.
6. I love this piece by Natasha Law
. Her work is so simple yet intimate.
7. I love these shoes! Source unknown.
8. Gorgeous owl, source unknown. Why do we all like owls so much? Is it because they seem so wise & mysterious?
Happy Sunday xoxox
See previous Sunday sweetness post here
Posted: February 26, 2010 Filed under: Alice Chan, Anarkitty, Beci Orpin, George Eliot, Julie West, Kathie Olivas, Mr J, My Little Secrets, weheartit
1. I’m posting this in my pajamas… I’m supposed to be doing my staff rotas for the next two weeks but I’m having a beer, watching NCIS & blogging!
2. My tearducts don’t work. Strange but true.
3. I’m a born proofreader. I can’t read anything without spotting spelling mistakes. I even read cereal packets.
4. I am a Coca-Cola addict. My waitresses joke that I should go to rehab. I really need to give it up… I dread to think what it could be doing to my insides!
5. I make a mean Spaghetti Bolognese. Minced beef, chopped bacon, Italian tinned tomatoes, crushed fennel seeds, mixed herbs, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, chilli powder, ginger powder, tomato puree, mushrooms, peppers, onion, garlic & a couple of squares of dark chocolate. Spaghetti al dente… delish!!!
6. When I was 17 I was a vegetarian. At the time there weren’t many vegetables that I liked so I lived on chips. In the end I gave up.
I wish I had long red hair.
I love Mr J & I wish we had more time together. He’s at work tonight. Sunday evening though we’ll be home together & we’ll tuck into a traditional Sunday roast & chill out. He’s so silly & he makes me laugh so much. And he’ll kill me if he see’s these pictures on here! 😉
Have you got a secret to share?
Posted: February 25, 2010 Filed under: Anarkitty, Five Images, holiday, Mercedes Helnwein, Mr J, starfish, venezuela
I am so very very tired. And I’m tired of being tired. I’m counting down the days til next Wednesday because then I have a week off… finally! Because I’m so tired I’m doing a cheat post & posting 5 images I have saved on my pc….
1. me holding a starfish at a salt resivoir in Margarita, Venezuela… 2. beautiful Acorn painting, source unknown.. 3.Alice by Mercedes Helnwein… 4.Amanda by Anarkitty… & me & Mr J in Venezuela… our last proper holiday…
Here’s hoping you’ve got more energy than me!
Posted: February 23, 2010 Filed under: pink, trainsandsewingmachines, weheartit
Today I’m playing along with Trains and Sewing Machines (y’day) post where she picked a colour & entered it into the weheartit search box… & then posted her favourite results. I chose pink cuz it’s my favourite colour & a good antidote to the dull greyness outside! PINK MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!!!
Posted: February 21, 2010 Filed under: book giveaway, lookbook, Lovely Mariquita, Paul Thurlby, smallandround, Sunday Sweetness, urmycherrypie
Todays Sunday Sweetness brings you… 1. lovely dolls (source unknown)… 2. loving her hair style, shoes & the gorgeous cardigan (www.lookbook.nu)… 3.Gorgeous Raindrop painting by smallandround… 4. absolutely adorable Alphabet illustration by urmycherrypie… 5. dreamy scene… I like the pose & her hair lookbook… 6. vintage brooch collection found here… 7. so cute deer brooch by Lovely Mariquita & 8. this fantastic O is for Owl illustration by Paul Thurlby. Hope you all had a great weekend! xox
PS. Don’t forget to get involved in my book giveaway if you like to read! Any of the books on your left take your fancy? Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
with your address & the book will soon be yours!
See previous Sunday Sweetness here
Posted: February 20, 2010 Filed under: book giveaway
On the left hand of this blog is a nice long list of books (14 to start with!) that I am giving away, free. Basically they are books that I have read, enjoyed, but don’t feel a burning desire to keep. So… if any of them tickle your fancy just drop me an email to email@example.com with your name & address & I will post your chosen book out to you! Simple xox
Posted: February 20, 2010 Filed under: Bombus Design, Lizzie Thomas, Princess Lasertron, Yoshikazu Yamagata, Yuken Teruya
My last 2 days at work have been horrible. Tantrum throwing, tear inducing, hangover causing horrible. Normally I love my job. It can be difficult, it involves long hours, a lot of resourcefulness, thinking on my feet and patience, but I work with a great bunch of people & I enjoy the pace. Yesterday I wanted to walk out & not go back. Aaaahhhh I was sooooo stressed out! So I went to the pub after work where Mr J had a night on (he is a sound engineer & music promoter in case I haven’t told you) & had a couple of glasses of wine. A couple of my friends appeared & I had a lovely night! And now my head hurts a bit, ouchy. However I feel so much more relaxed today & I get to work with one of my favourite people tonight so I’m thinking that everything will turn out just fine! Here are some beautiful things to perk you up if you’ve had a few rough days too… 1. Piou (thanks Audrey Jeanne!) …2 sources unknown… 3. Ruler Forest by Lizzie Thomas… 4. Bombus Design… 5. Corner Forest by Yuken Teruya… 6. awesomw knitted installation by Yoshikazu Yamagata… vintage button bouquet by Princess Lasertron.