Posted: March 3, 2010 Filed under: Anarkitty, converse, dainty squid, Julie West, Kat Macleod, pink, trainsandsewingmachines, weheartit
I enjoyed picking out all those pink pictures last Tuesday (inspired by TrainsandSewingMachines) so I’ve decided to make it a once weekly feature… 1&2 both found on weheartit I love the artwork in pic1 its beautiful… quite dreamy… 3 by Julie West one of my absolute favourite artists… 4 isn’t this lovely? Another weheartit find… 5 is by the Dainty Squid… 6 you probably recognise her work by now, the talented Anarkitty 7&8 both from weheartit… I bet you own at least one pair of Converse?? I know I do! 8 is a beautiful photograph… 9 Kat MacLeod… just love love love her work! (PS. as I am now officially on holiday I just thought I’d share with you that I’m sitting on the sofa in my pink dressing gown eating Lemon cheesecake & reading blogs. AND THAT’S ALL I’M DOING!!!!!)
See previous Pink post here x
Posted: February 28, 2010 Filed under: Anarkitty, Blythe, Jasmine Becket-Griffith, Kat Macleod, Natasha Law, owls, Postcards from Dreamland, Sunday Sweetness
Today I need a little bit of Sunday Sweetness…. It was grey, cold & rainy when I set off to work, disaster struck when the gas turned off at work & then I got home to discover that I have lost 3 hours worth of work that I did Friday night… GGgggggggrrrrr!!!! It’s all OK though because I only have 2 days left before I’m on holiday & now I’m home in the warm with Mr J who is cooking roast Lamb 🙂
No. 1 is another piece by the very talented Anarkitty
(can you tell I’m a huge fan?!) I just adore her big eyed, brightly coloured, pierced girls who all have fabulous hair! They are so beautifully done & captivating.
2. Love this picture… Mr J thinks she looks like an elf! I saved this from a blog post I read recently
but I confess to not remembering which one ( i read over 70 blogs!) so if it was yours I’m sorry… drop me a comment & I’ll link up! here
!!!! Thank you Lulu!
3. Button bouquet. I found this one day when googling ‘bouquets’ on Google Images. It’s gorgeous! I’d quite like to have a go at making one myself one day. Does anybody recognise the work? I’d love to know who made it.
4. Blythe dollhouse… how cute?! Another one I have saved on the pc so not sure where I found it. Whoever the lucky owner is they also have a Jasmine Becket-Griffith
print on the wall & I love her work too. I’m not sure what it is about big-eyed art but it has definitely stolen my heart.
5. Gorgeous Michi Girl page. Michi Girl is the work of an Aussie collaberation but the artwork is by Kat
McLeod who I am a huge fan of! I love that she uses fabric to make the dresses for her artwork. I did a collage last summer inspired by her work & it turned out really well. I’m planning on doing some more this year when my work schedule settles down.
6. I love this piece by Natasha Law
. Her work is so simple yet intimate.
7. I love these shoes! Source unknown.
8. Gorgeous owl, source unknown. Why do we all like owls so much? Is it because they seem so wise & mysterious?
Happy Sunday xoxox
See previous Sunday sweetness post here
Posted: February 26, 2010 Filed under: Alice Chan, Anarkitty, Beci Orpin, George Eliot, Julie West, Kathie Olivas, Mr J, My Little Secrets, weheartit
1. I’m posting this in my pajamas… I’m supposed to be doing my staff rotas for the next two weeks but I’m having a beer, watching NCIS & blogging!
2. My tearducts don’t work. Strange but true.
3. I’m a born proofreader. I can’t read anything without spotting spelling mistakes. I even read cereal packets.
4. I am a Coca-Cola addict. My waitresses joke that I should go to rehab. I really need to give it up… I dread to think what it could be doing to my insides!
5. I make a mean Spaghetti Bolognese. Minced beef, chopped bacon, Italian tinned tomatoes, crushed fennel seeds, mixed herbs, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, chilli powder, ginger powder, tomato puree, mushrooms, peppers, onion, garlic & a couple of squares of dark chocolate. Spaghetti al dente… delish!!!
6. When I was 17 I was a vegetarian. At the time there weren’t many vegetables that I liked so I lived on chips. In the end I gave up.
I wish I had long red hair.
I love Mr J & I wish we had more time together. He’s at work tonight. Sunday evening though we’ll be home together & we’ll tuck into a traditional Sunday roast & chill out. He’s so silly & he makes me laugh so much. And he’ll kill me if he see’s these pictures on here! 😉
Have you got a secret to share?
Posted: February 25, 2010 Filed under: Anarkitty, Five Images, holiday, Mercedes Helnwein, Mr J, starfish, venezuela
I am so very very tired. And I’m tired of being tired. I’m counting down the days til next Wednesday because then I have a week off… finally! Because I’m so tired I’m doing a cheat post & posting 5 images I have saved on my pc….
1. me holding a starfish at a salt resivoir in Margarita, Venezuela… 2. beautiful Acorn painting, source unknown.. 3.Alice by Mercedes Helnwein… 4.Amanda by Anarkitty… & me & Mr J in Venezuela… our last proper holiday…
Here’s hoping you’ve got more energy than me!
Posted: December 5, 2009 Filed under: Amelie, Anarkitty, blogging, craft, Frankie, Julie West, Kat Macleod, lists, Murder She Wrote, painting, Star Wars, These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things, wool, yarn
Welcome…. here are some of my favourite things by way of introduction…
2.Sesame Mochi (Chinese dessert, scrumptious!)
4.Yarn bouquets (I am a wool addict & I can’t even knit!)
7.Butter. Real, salty, butter!
8.Doughnuts (preferably filled with jam or custard)
I love crafting, painting, blogging, cooking, baking, sleeping, Murder She Wrote, Star Wars, Amelie & my boyfriend, Mr J xxxxxx