Posted: April 19, 2010 Filed under: Blythe, doilies, Dottie Angel, Happy Monday, Marie-Louise Sundqvist
We have been having the most amazing weather! So much so that I actually caught the sun & went slightly pink on Saturday. My freckles are threatening to come out! Spring is definitely here to stay & if the glimpses of sun we’ve been having are anything to go by it’s going to be an amazing summer!
Whilst browsing the net this morning before I don my sunnies & venture outside I found lots & lots of doilies. Vintage, handmade, remade, lampshades, bowls, incorporated with ceramics… doilies are the perfect expression of spring… taking something old & breathing new life into it… take a peek…
This piece is by Marie-Louise Sundqvist & I found this via here, one of my favourite inspiration blogs. I just love this piece. Over here I found some incredible shots, make sure you pop over & have a look…
Found this one from the same escapade here… it must have taken quite some time to have done this!
Then there is the beautiful work of the very talented Tif over at Dottie Angel…
I am completely in love with that dress… purple is right up there with pink as my favourite colour & the doilies make such a lovely detail. More below found here…
I particularly like the curtain… great if you’ve accidently ripped your net curtains… doily them up! Well, Happy Monday folks, here’s to a lovely week… xox
Posted: February 28, 2010 Filed under: Anarkitty, Blythe, Jasmine Becket-Griffith, Kat Macleod, Natasha Law, owls, Postcards from Dreamland, Sunday Sweetness
Today I need a little bit of Sunday Sweetness…. It was grey, cold & rainy when I set off to work, disaster struck when the gas turned off at work & then I got home to discover that I have lost 3 hours worth of work that I did Friday night… GGgggggggrrrrr!!!! It’s all OK though because I only have 2 days left before I’m on holiday & now I’m home in the warm with Mr J who is cooking roast Lamb 🙂
No. 1 is another piece by the very talented Anarkitty
(can you tell I’m a huge fan?!) I just adore her big eyed, brightly coloured, pierced girls who all have fabulous hair! They are so beautifully done & captivating.
2. Love this picture… Mr J thinks she looks like an elf! I saved this from a blog post I read recently
but I confess to not remembering which one ( i read over 70 blogs!) so if it was yours I’m sorry… drop me a comment & I’ll link up! here
!!!! Thank you Lulu!
3. Button bouquet. I found this one day when googling ‘bouquets’ on Google Images. It’s gorgeous! I’d quite like to have a go at making one myself one day. Does anybody recognise the work? I’d love to know who made it.
4. Blythe dollhouse… how cute?! Another one I have saved on the pc so not sure where I found it. Whoever the lucky owner is they also have a Jasmine Becket-Griffith
print on the wall & I love her work too. I’m not sure what it is about big-eyed art but it has definitely stolen my heart.
5. Gorgeous Michi Girl page. Michi Girl is the work of an Aussie collaberation but the artwork is by Kat
McLeod who I am a huge fan of! I love that she uses fabric to make the dresses for her artwork. I did a collage last summer inspired by her work & it turned out really well. I’m planning on doing some more this year when my work schedule settles down.
6. I love this piece by Natasha Law
. Her work is so simple yet intimate.
7. I love these shoes! Source unknown.
8. Gorgeous owl, source unknown. Why do we all like owls so much? Is it because they seem so wise & mysterious?
Happy Sunday xoxox
See previous Sunday sweetness post here