Posted: April 28, 2010 Filed under: Fashion, friends, green, Mr J, Murder She Wrote, The Ethical Clothing Challenge of the Utmost Kind, TK Maxx
(images via weheartit)
I have been working my butt off lately & with the sun shining its face too I have definitely been a little neglectful of this little corner of my universe! I had Saturday off & had a lovely day catching up with friends & I’ve been off today with mr J & chilling out this evening catching up with TV… Saturday lunchtime I met up with my friend Laura, whom I haven’t seen for about a year! We had lunch at a favourite place of mine, The Oxford Retreat, caught some sun & a had a good catch up. Saturday night I went to the local Tapas bar with some work friends & it was fantastic! The food was delicious & the company hilarious, but no one took a camera, doh! Here’s one of me & Laura though…
Today Mr J & I went clothes shopping at TK Maxx… conscience free shopping! TK Maxx sell end-of-the-line stuff & clothes that haven’t sold in the sales that would otherwise go to a landfill. I picked up a cute floaty top & some faded grey skinny jeans, Mr J got himself a checked shirt, he is most pleased! Mr J had to work tonight so I’ve been catching up on my favourite TV… Murder She Wrote, NCIS, Cold Case… (I’m a TV murder junkie!)… back to work tomorrow, but for now… a perfect day xox
Posted: March 27, 2010 Filed under: Beautiful Blogger Award, Cherry on Top Award, Consider My Dear, Domestic Goddess, giveaway, Holy Comfort, Kisses and Cross Stitches, lime, meatballs, Mr J, Postcards from Dreamland, purple, yellow
So how amazed was I when I logged in & saw that the lovely Rebecca had left me a comment to tell me that she had picked me for a Beautiful Cherry On Top Blogger Award! (She has amalgamated the Beautiful Blogger Award with the Cherry On Top Award)! I would like to pass it on to the following 3 as I think that they are all beautiful blogs… 1. Kisses and Cross Stitches…. 2. Holy Comfort! & 3. Postcards from Dreamland. Thank you Rebecca it is so nice to get these! Speaking of other bloggers, todays photo colourfest is for Chelsea (favourite colour = purple on lime green) & Alex (favourite colour = yellow) hope you enjoy it girls! My second proudest moment this week (after getting theses awards of course!) was on Thursday evening when I cooked dinner for Mr J. He loves meatballs & I found a great recipe for Moroccan meatballs so I had a go & they turned out yummy! I served them with cous-cous stuffed peppers & a salad of Rocket, Watercress, Parsley & Coriander. The meatballs themselves were simply minced lamb, garlic & parsley but I simmered them in tinned tomatoes, ground cumin, ground coriander & cayenne pepper with more garlic (I love garlic!) & fresh coriander & they tasted great. So so simple & Mr J was over the moon! I could almost be a Domestic Goddess 😉 PS. To celebrate my surprise award I’m going to have a surprise giveaway! I shall pick a winner from those of you that leave a comment on this post to receive a surprise bundle through the post… Good Luck! xox
Posted: February 26, 2010 Filed under: Alice Chan, Anarkitty, Beci Orpin, George Eliot, Julie West, Kathie Olivas, Mr J, My Little Secrets, weheartit
1. I’m posting this in my pajamas… I’m supposed to be doing my staff rotas for the next two weeks but I’m having a beer, watching NCIS & blogging!
2. My tearducts don’t work. Strange but true.
3. I’m a born proofreader. I can’t read anything without spotting spelling mistakes. I even read cereal packets.
4. I am a Coca-Cola addict. My waitresses joke that I should go to rehab. I really need to give it up… I dread to think what it could be doing to my insides!
5. I make a mean Spaghetti Bolognese. Minced beef, chopped bacon, Italian tinned tomatoes, crushed fennel seeds, mixed herbs, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, chilli powder, ginger powder, tomato puree, mushrooms, peppers, onion, garlic & a couple of squares of dark chocolate. Spaghetti al dente… delish!!!
6. When I was 17 I was a vegetarian. At the time there weren’t many vegetables that I liked so I lived on chips. In the end I gave up.
I wish I had long red hair.
I love Mr J & I wish we had more time together. He’s at work tonight. Sunday evening though we’ll be home together & we’ll tuck into a traditional Sunday roast & chill out. He’s so silly & he makes me laugh so much. And he’ll kill me if he see’s these pictures on here! 😉
Have you got a secret to share?
Posted: February 25, 2010 Filed under: Anarkitty, Five Images, holiday, Mercedes Helnwein, Mr J, starfish, venezuela
I am so very very tired. And I’m tired of being tired. I’m counting down the days til next Wednesday because then I have a week off… finally! Because I’m so tired I’m doing a cheat post & posting 5 images I have saved on my pc….
1. me holding a starfish at a salt resivoir in Margarita, Venezuela… 2. beautiful Acorn painting, source unknown.. 3.Alice by Mercedes Helnwein… 4.Amanda by Anarkitty… & me & Mr J in Venezuela… our last proper holiday…
Here’s hoping you’ve got more energy than me!